Descriptions of Registration Rate Options
NOF PPN Member: Paid members in good standing of NOF’s Professional Partner Network® membership – must include your membership number at registration
NOF Allied Health Professional Member: Paid members in good standing of NOF’s Allied Health Professional membership – must include your membership number at registration
If you are unable to locate your membership number, please email email@example.com to request it.
If you would like to join NOF as a member, to secure the member savings, please indicate this on the ISO registration form and pay the appropriate NOF Membership fee with your conference registration fees.
For information on types of membership, benefits and fees, please click here.
Bone Basics: From Testing to Treatment – What You Need to Know to be an Informed Provider and Patient
This exciting half-day symposium will cover essential information for all healthcare professionals, but with a focus on primary care as well as residents/fellows. This session is also open to the public. Learn about interpreting DXA, osteoporosis prevention, diagnosis, treatment – and enjoy a cheese tasting and discussion on the importance of calcium and other nutrients important for bone health. Topics and faculty for this session include:
- Osteoporosis by the Numbers – Nicole Wright, PhD, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology, UAB School of Public Health
- Mini Tone Your Bones Class – Sarah Morgan, MD, M, RD, FADA, FACP, CCD, Professor Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Alabama Birmingham and Beth Kitchin, PhD, RDN, Assistant Professor, Nutrition Sciences, Patient Educator, UAB Osteoporosis Clinic,University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Bone Density Testing – Larry Jankowski, Chief DXA Technologist, Illinois Bone and Joint Institute
- Becoming Your Own Advocate – Dr. Wright
- Hot Topics in Osteoporosis – Dr. Morgan
- Special Cheese Tasting and Presentation –by Venissimo Cheese